Andrew has over 30 years’ experience working in the resources industry, originally in mine operations prior to transitioning to marketing and sales.
He has extensive knowledge of mineral processing, material bulk handling, drill and blast, tenders and logistics. Andrew has been involved in projects from pre-feasibility through to end of mine. He enjoys engaging with clients to understand their requirements and to bring cost effective solutions for their project which meets their desired budget.
- Business Improvement
- Asset Performance & Optimisation
- Marketing & Logistics
- Material Handling Equipment
- Tendering & Contracts Management
- At Karara mine site WA, Andrew liaised with the Karara design engineers to assist them in gaining the best results in power generation. The power station was delivered before time and under budget.
- He played a pivotal role in providing alternate design options at Nifty Copper mine WA, whereby the client was able to reduce the weight of the mill and increase the ball charge volume reducing the frequency of shutdowns.
- Using his experience and knowledge, Andrew assessed issues at Toka Tindung Gold Mine Project North Sulawesi, where they were seeking ways to increase production. He was able to provide a range of products that would increase the life cycle of the plant, this increased production and reduced costs for one of the largest gold producers in Indonesia.
- Andrew assisted with the implementation of a successful trial of composite rollers at Intercourse Island (Rio Tinto) Dampier WA, where the weight of the return rollers on conveyors was a health and safety issue during change out. The trial overcame the health and safety issues whilst lasting longer and did not cause damage to the belt.
- At Savannah Nickel Project WA, Andrew successfully worked together with the underground team to design and implement an efficient cooling system that reduced the working temperature underground to make conditions safer for their employees.