GradDip Maintenance Mngt, AdvDip MechEng, Mine Mechanical Engineering Certificate of Competency
Bob has had a total of 32 years of experience in the coal mining industry across a variety of operational roles within several different coal fields. His strengths have been to develop and lead mine site engineering teams, development of maintenance strategies that deliver reliable and productive equipment. He has had extensive mining experience with pillar extraction, place change, gate road development, longwall mining machinery and associated surface infrastructure (winders, fans, gas plants, materials handling).
Bob was part of the senior management team delivering several significant site projects including mine expansions, infrastructure upgrades and the integration of new equipment systems. He has a strong focus on safety, compliance, and reliability.
- Plant Reliability
- Equipment Specification and Procurement
- Safety & Compliance
- Project Management
- Critical Equipment Infrastructure
- Bob has a sound understanding of development, pillar and longwall mining processes managing several productivity process and equipment reliability improvement programs across the industry. Bob has completed several reliability improvement assessments and delay analysis for several mining companies.
- Bob has significant experience with equipment specification, evaluation, and implementation completed for several mining companies. Bob has a strong understanding of the application of the equipment life cycle and requirements for operational readiness and implementation.
- Bob has a strong understanding of the mining legislation and development and implementation of engineering management plans and standards. Bob has participated in several corporate safety and compliance audits for mining companies.
- Bob has has been involved in the delivery of several mine expansion projects and equipment system upgrades. Bob has extensive experience with both front end early engineering and project delivery.
- Bob has a detailed understanding of critical infrastructure such as (winders, ventilation fans, pumping, compressed air, firefighting, gas extraction and materials handling equipment.