BEng (Min), JORC Comp
With over 38 years of experience in the resources industry, including 16 years in consulting, Brian’s operational and technical expertise has assisted clients consistently gain significant value for their projects and operations.
From his extensive experience across a broad spectrum of commodities and geographical areas, Brian delivers value in areas of strategic importance, identifying and modifying the risk profile of each project in their unique and varied scenarios, through understanding the risk and opportunities presented. He has extensive leadership experience in both operational and technical roles within open cut mining which enables him to apply practical and strategic thinking to projects.
- Due Diligence
- Feasibility Studies
- JORC Resource & Reserve Statements
- Mine Design & Optimisation
- Mine Strategic Review
- Brian was the technical services Superintendent at Paraburdoo Mine (WA), Pit Hatari Kaltim Prima Coal (Indonesia), and Operations Superintendent at Mount Thorley Mine (NSW). In each of these roles he led teams of technical and operational professionals to successfully deliver or exceed the mine plans whilst also encouraging them to excel in their roles
- He has developed some of the major ore bodies across the globe, with feasibility and pre-feasibility studies across a spectrum of the mining industry. This includes the Channar ore bodies at Paraburdoo and the Bengalon coal deposit in Kalimantan
- Brian has completed over 40 feasibility and pre-feasibility studies to identify the principal value drivers of each deposit. This has included the strategic plan to successfully develop an isolated coal deposit to be an IPP, as an integral part of the national electrical network (Kalteng), to the development of a major nickel reserve sufficient to justify the projects smelting and refining complex
- Having acted for both buyers and sellers of assets, Brian has led due diligence teams to evaluate a range of assets across various commodities. Brian’s understanding of ‘value drivers’ of a project help identify significant value for the client. He has worked with national, international, joint venture mining companies and a range of financial institutions