GradCert Maint Mngt, AdvDip Elec Eng, PracCert Elec Eng Mgr UG, Dip ProjMngt, Elec Eng Cert of Comp UG Mine, RIIRIS301D (G1)
With close to 40 years of electrical engineering experience in the underground coal industry, Brian has an extensive understanding of underground mining and related surface infrastructure, capital studies, project management, auditing and compliance.
He has a vast skill set including optimisation of engineering designs and processes. Brian has been heavily involved in the development of asset management life cycle plans, management and maintenance system reviews. His strengths include developing and leading mine site engineering teams, policy and plan compliance, developing maintenance strategies that deliver safe, reliable and productive equipment..
- Engineering Compliance
- Electrical Engineering
- Mine Maintenance & Engineering
- Safety Compliance Management & Audits
- Engineering & Design
- Brian has a sound understanding of all underground coal and related surface mining processes. He has managed productivity process and equipment reliability improvement programs whilst holding Engineering Manager roles for more than 20 years within a coal operation. He also has extensive experience in managing the procurement and implementation of major longwall components such as AFC’s roof supports, electrical supply and control systems across multiple mine sites.
- He was in charge of the South 32 audit of proposed upgrade to the bulk coal winder to current technical reference guides TRG’s1-5.
- Brian held the role of statutory manager of Electrical Engineering coverage at Ulan West mine including the review of PHMP’s and associated documents. He was also Engineering manager who integrated the first Explosion protected surface (ExS) to seam pumping system in NSW for Centennial Coal.
- At Springvale Coal, Brian led the project management of the clearance upgrade 1800TPH to 3000TPH continuous whilst providing the right business solution and minimum process outage. He also managed the Angus Place Colliery water cooled VSD trunk conveyor upgrade rectification project with automated speed management, leading to high productivity and reliability for the operation. Further, Brian led the Angus Place drift winder review project to a successful reregistration.
- He led the integration of semi-automatic electrohydraulic drill rigs to a Joy 12cm30 continuous miner including full monitoring and performance package which led to safety and reliability improvements for the operation.