BSc (AppGeo) (Hons).
Craig Gwatkin has over 30 years’ experience in the global resources industry with experience managing geological assessments in a broad range of operating environments; from exploration, complex feasibility studies, mine development and mine operations in both underground and open pit mines.
He has broad experience and has been directly responsible for managing exploration, resource drilling, managing geological databases, geological interpretation, establishing JORC compliant resources and reserves, hydrogeological studies, geotechnical studies and metallurgical studies.
- Due Diligence
- Exploration Strategies and Management
- Geological Databases and Modelling Development/Reviews
- Geological Characterisation
- Independent Geological Data Reviews
- Craig has managed the geological input for many feasibility studies which have led to the successful development of an open cut and underground gold mine and approximately 15 satellite pits; 3 underground zinc–lead mines; an underground copper mine; the recommissioning of an underground nickel mine and an open pit uranium mine.
- He has been successful in managing the exploration and resource drilling with the discovery of a number of new resources (Zn-Pb, U, Ni, Au). Craig managed the geological input including resource drilling, establishing JORC compliant resources and hydrogeological studies that resulted in three new zinc-lead mines being developed. He was also involved with in establishing work, QAQC, safety and reporting procedures for these mines.
- He has been involved with a number of due diligence studies for projects (Au, Ni, Cu, Mn and bauxite) advising either financial institutions and/or companies. Additionally, he has managed ITE projects (W, Au, Cr, and bauxite).
- Craig has significant experience managing the geological aspects of mine production in both open pit and underground mines with a focus of improving safety, production efficiencies and standards.
- Whilst working in Spain, Craig provided training to the local geology team to improve their skills in database management, geological interpretation and resource modelling.