BEng (Mining) (Hons), GradCert ProjMngt, MAusIMM. RIICOM301D, RIIRIS301D, RIIWHS301D, JORC
Daniel has over 7 years of experience within the field mining resource sector where he has gained solid operational and technical experience in various commodities such as Coal, Gold and Copper in China and Australia.
He has gained exposure to different underground mining methods and developed skills in production, ventilation, projects, and short to mid-term planning and scheduling in an underground metalliferous (hard rock) mining environment. Daniel has developed a high standard regarding attention to detail for delivering quality results efficiently and has gained experience working effectively across different stakeholders and contractors as a strong team player.
- Engineering Analysis
- Mine Design and Planning
- Mine Scheduling
- Underground Drill and Blast
- Mine Ventilation and Engineering
- At Premier open cut coal WA, Daniel worked as a Mining Engineer and assisted in developing a traffic management plan since the traffic interaction can be complex for a large-scale open cut coal mine. He reviewed past incidents not just at Premier Coal, to identify the root causes of these incidents, analysed, and worked towards a suitable solution to provide improvements for preventing these incidents.
- He worked as an underground miner for Pajingo Gold Mine QLD where he was tasked to develop and update the underground ventilation plan for the site. This involved being abreast of all relevant standards, legislations, and regulations along with assessing the ventilation circuits.
- Daniel gained valuable experience in working with WA Mines inspectorate as a mining analyst. In this role he gathered information regarding the mine incident and submitted it to the lead inspector for further improvements on allocating resources effectively for monitoring various mine sites, hence improving the overall safety from a governmental perspective as the regulatory body.
- At Pajingo gold mine, he was involved in the extraction of backfilled stope by using a sub-level shrinkage cave method, the total cost for using the Orica’s newest Webgen wireless electronic detonator system. In this role Daniel gained insightful exposure with micro-scale sub-level cave mining method with using the latest blast technology. He has also gained good exposure in a complex sub-level cave mining environment with Capricorn Copper mine.