PhD, MSc (MinEng), MAusIMM.
Eugene has spent more than 35 years working within the resources industry including 24 years providing specialist consultancy services in Australia.
Eugene has extensive experience in gas content testing support, gas drainage system maintenance and assessment, gas content/composition testing, gas emission evaluation and control, gas management, reservoir modelling, coal mine gas production assessment and GHG fugitive emissions assessment. He also has had extensive experience in the stability of coal and rocks using polymeric resin injection, coal seam electromagnetic energy applications for stress and gas dynamic activity assessment, biotechnology of coal mining, and design and testing of mining equipment.
- Gas Reservoir Definition
- Gas Emittion & Management
- Gas Reservoir Modelling
- Coal Mine Methane Production Assessment
- GHG Fugitive Emissions Assessment
- Eugene has extensively managed gas emission evaluation, gas management, reservoir modelling and estimating GHG fugitive emissions assessment for numerous mines and projects.
- More recently, Eugene has led the development of an audit tool to review the areas of geology, gas reservoir characteristics, gas drainage design, capital and operating cost estimation for a client.
- He was significantly involved from the initiation in the development of Moranbah Gas Project (exploitation of coal bed methane (CBM) reserves) which delivered gas to the Townsville Power Station.
- Eugene has provided extensive advisory services for the gas content testing development for underground mines and GHG emission.
- He was also heavily involved in the development of guidelines for the implementation of NGER Method 2 for open cut coal mines fugitive GHG emissions reporting.