MAssetMainMgt, AdvDip WHS, FSE.
Gaurang is a proven leader with over 22 years of experience in the mining and resources sector.
His expertise is in the area of asset management, risk management, site operations, and reliability engineering. Gaurang is a performance driven professional with significant ‘hands on’ experience. He has a passion for safety, improving engineering reliability and mitigating asset risks. Gaurang is an ICAM facilitator and seasoned technical expert with a high level of experience using FMECA, RCM, RCA, and Functional Safety.
- Asset Performance & Optimisation
- Asset Management
- Risk Management & Facilitation
- Business Improvement
- Functional Safety
- Providing specialist reliability advice at BHP, Gaurang execute the defect elimination process and undertake reliability improvement projects, which were focused on increasing the mean time between failure (MTBF) and reducing the mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Establishing asset management frameworks to comply with ISO55001 at WAIO. Gaurang updated maintenance procedures, work instructions and control systems coding where relevant. Ongoing support was provided through validation and assurance activities.
- He successfully completed maintenance and production improvement projects for Zinc and Lead smelter at Port Pirie operations.
- Leading the Capstone turbine replacement programme management across Surat Basin, Gaurang was able to improve gas production functions for Origin Energy. He was also involved in the lead turnaround management for gas train facilities in Surat Basin, completing the management of scope, procurement, management of change and readiness.
- In addition to the above, he has implemented operations readiness and assurance management for various sites.