BSc (EarthSc/Geo) (Hons), MMinEng (Mine Geomechanics), MAusIMM
Heath is a geologist and mining analyst with over 12 years of experience in the resources industry both within Australia and internationally.
Through experience gained in exploration, mining and resource geology, mining engineering and financial analysis, he has developed expertise in the technical and financial evaluation of mining assets. At Palaris, he has been involved in over 34 feasibility studies, 36 due diligence projects, completed technical studies and undertaken financial analysis on numerous assets. Heath has experience in both open cut and underground mining methods as well as gas utilisation methods and strategies.
- Due Diligence & Asset Valuation
- Geological Modelling
- Project Evaluation
- Feasibility Studies
- Resource & Reserve Estimation
- Heath has solid experience acting on behalf of buyers and sellers of assets during the due diligence and sales process and has been part of many feasibility studies teams in geological, mining and financial analyst roles.
- Key analyst skills include financial modelling using discounted cash flow (DCF), asset valuations, benchhmarking and estimation of CAPEX and OPEX for mining assets.
- Heath has experience in mine planning and scheduling for both open cut and underground resource deposits. This has included geologically complex deposits where multiple methods have been utilised. Production schedule outputs from models have been used in financial models for economic evaluations.
- Constructed and audited numerous geological models and borehole databases some of which have been used for JORC Resource estimation and mine planning purposes.
- This combined experience has led to a strong understanding of the resources industry and ‘value drivers’ associated with resource assets.