Jack is a mining engineer with over 8 years of experience both in open cut and underground mining.
He has excellent skills and knowledge across short, medium and long-term mine planning where his focus is on safety, commerciality and practicality. Jack’s experience across consulting, project management and site-based roles have given him a great breadth of experiences to be able to successfully add value to any project. Jack also brings expertise in several software packages including Vulcan, Deswik, AutoCAD, Spry and Microsoft Excel.
- Cost Modelling
- Feasibility Studies
- Mine Design & Optimisation
- Mine Design & Planning
- Reserve Reporting
- Jack was in charge of a $500K Dewatering project in an Underground mine which included evaluating different pumping systems to successfully dewater underground panels. This included selecting and managing the preferred contractor to successfully deliver the project on time and under budget.
- He has been involved in the Life of Mine planning process where he designed pit and dump shells that were used in the mine schedule. Jack has a good understanding of mine planning processes to be able to deliver safe and cost effective mine designs.
- Jack has worked in the medium-term planning space where he completed detailed dump and rehabilitation designs whilst adhering to geotechnical recommendations. Jack was also instrumental in completing the design, monitoring, and tracking of the mine rehabilitation progress onsite.
- He has worked as a high performing team member in the short-term planning space. Jack was responsible for updating and communicating truck and shovel and dozer push designs for a large coal mine in Queensland. Jack has a track record of maintaining high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Jack has more than four years’ experience working in an underground team. He has gained a wealth of knowledge of many aspects of underground coal mining including inbye, outbye, development, and longwall operation.