BTeach/BSc (Geo), GradDip Mine Eng, MBus, MAusIMM
James has spent over 20 years working in the resources industry, both in consulting and site roles with substantial exposure to underground and open pit mining.
He has significant experience in both geology and mining engineering roles. James has developed expertise in taking raw geological data all the way to final production schedules though geological modelling, mine design, planning and scheduling all whilst maintaining a focus on business objectives.
- Mine Planning
- Mine Optimisation
- Geological Modelling
- Resource Evaluation
- Business Improvement
- James led a major change to mine layout and design at an underground bord and pillar mine to maximise the amount of pillar extraction and ROMT per year as part of a mine wide business improvement project. He also identified an opportunity to increase yield by up to 30% at the same project.
- He designed and implemented a major change to the mine layout and ramp system at a large open cut mine resulting in a significant cost reduction.
- James led a complete re-interpretation of the geological model at an underground longwall operation. This complete revisit of the geological setting identified several issues not picked up in the original exploration. The result was a much more accurate prediction of the coal quality in the XPAC model by properly interpreting the geology.
- He has significant experience in the writing, supervision and/or signed off JORC resource and reserve reports.
- James has significant experience in using XPAC, Spry, Vulcan and AutoCAD.