Jessy is a mining engineer with 15 years’ experience working across operations and mine planning in precious and base metals mines across Australia and Papua New Guinea.
Jessy specialises in underground planning and design covering handheld, semi-mechanised and mechanised operations. Underground mining methods include long-hole open stoping, sub-level caving, modified AVOCA benching, room & pillar, shrinkage stoping, flat back and scraper stoping. Further areas of specialties are mine start-ups, drill & blast, ventilation/dewatering/electrical design, JORC Reserve generation and scheduling (short/medium/long-term). His software skills include Surpac, VentSIM, JK Sim Blast, Aegis, EPS and Mine Site 3D.
- Mine Design & Optimisation
- Mine Scheduling & Planning
- Mine Ventilation, Dewatering & Infrastructure Design
- Drill & Blast Design
- Reserve Generation
- Senior Mining Engineer Thalanga (Red River Resources) zinc, copper and lead mine in Queensland, responsible for development/production design and planning along with development of 3 month rolling production schedules and annual budget.
- Senior Mining Engineer Mt Garnet & Surveyor (Consolidated Tin) polymetallic (Zn, Pb, Cu, Au, Ag) mines in Queensland covering all mine planning and production across both mines plus completing production scheduling and budgeting for the new Mungana project.
- Alternate UG Mine Manager/Senior Mining Engineer for Mt Crater Gold Mine in PNG, successfully re-starting the mine into production within 6 months, completing 2-year designs and forecasts along with statutory duties, mine recruitment, infrastructure establishment and equipment procurement.
- Medium Term Planning Engineer CSA (Glencore) copper-silver mine in New South Wales, generating JORC Reserve Statements, reviewing long term development designs and optimising medium term planning, mine ventilation, electrical and dewatering design.
- Long Term Planning Engineer Tolkuma (Pretomin) gold mine in PNG, implementing new mine planning systems, preparation of the LOM designs and schedules, generation of JORC Reserve Statements.
- Additional mine planning roles Cosmo (Kirkland Lake) gold mine in Northern Territory, King Vol (Auctus) polymetallic in Queensland, K92 (K92 Mining) gold-silver-copper mine and Porgera (Barrick) and Kainantu (Barrick) gold mines in PNG.