- Feasibility Studies
- Mine Optimisation
- Mine Design
- Mine Scheduling & Planning
- Mine Strategic Review
- Justin led the project study and investment approval process for a large (~11 Mtpa ROM) and complex mine development and outsourcing project (~US$1.0B) including ~US$50M capital. His main achievements during the study was delivering the study and internal project approvals within a schedule accelerated by six months. He did this by coordinating across multiple senior stakeholders at all levels of the business to drive delivery and approval of study deliverables and preperation of approval documentation.
- He was the study lead for a CHPP operations insourcing/outsourcing project valued at over $100M.
- Justin materially increased BHP Mitsui Coal’s value ($400M NPV) by optimising medium- and long-term plans, and through identification and analysis of opportunities, for example, second dragline for South Walker Creek and additional pit developments, lowering unit cost and extending mine life.
- He led the preparation of business plans to increase BHP Mitsui Coal’s coal production by 40% over the medium term with 20% lower unit costs.
- Justin completed a whole of operation review of Intra Energy’s Tanzanian and Malawian open pit coal mining operations including safety and environment, suitability of organisational structure and existing personnel, mining operations, maintenance, mine planning, coal processing and haulage, sales distribution logistics and marketing. His main achievements include developing the strategy which made Intra cash flow positive, implementation of strategic initiatives to improve safety and environment performance, mine production, sales volume, lower operating costs as well as doubling coal production in 3 months.