BEng (Mining) (Hons), BEcon, GradDip AppFin, U/Mgrs Cert of Comp (NSW), MAUSIMM
Martin has over 19 years of experience in the resources industry across a broad range of mining operations, projects and corporate transactions.
He holds qualifications in Mining Engineering (first class honours), Economics, Finance and Mine Management. At Palaris, he has worked on over 200 projects internationally for 90+ clients in bulk commodities (coal, bauxite, limestone), base metals (copper, lead), precious metals, rare earths and infrastructure. He has managed and participated in numerous projects globally assessing over 100 assets for projects such as buy and sell side technical due diligence, independent technical expert (ITE) for project finance, independent technical specialist reporting (ITSR) for project finance, takeover defence and equity raising. He has also been involved with writing IPO prospectus documentation, asset level valuations, M&A target list analysis and market assessments. Martin held various leadership and technical positions with BHPB over his eight years of service with the company.
- Due Diligence
- Financial Assessment
- Independent Technical Strategic Reviews
- Asset Level Valuation
- M&A Target List Analysis & Cost Modelling
- Martin has led over half of the 150+ Due Diligence studies at Palaris including metals and coal operations, processing plants, rail and port in metals and coal as well as completed independent technical strategic reviews, identified cost savings and operational improvements.
- He project managed the technical due diligence for EMR Capital’s US$2.25B acquisition and financing for 80% of Kestrel Coal Mine. He also project managed technical diligence elements for New Hope Group’s initial 40% acquisition of Bengalla Mine.
- Additionally, Martin has been involved with writing IPO prospectus documentation, asset level valuations, M&A target list analysis and cost modelling.
- He has a breadth of skills including leading mining feasibility and optimisation studies as well as conducting multiple asset performance reviews for opencut and underground coal mines, rail and port. Martin has also been involved in mine design and financial assessment of metal projects in number of different countries.
- Martin held various leadership and technical positions with BHP Billiton over his 8 years of service with the company including Development Superintendent and Shift Undermanager as well as obtaining an Undermanagers Certificate of Competency (NSW).