BAppSc (Mining), PEng, CFA Level 1
Myles is a mining engineer with 6 years’ experience in the development and operation of open pit and underground mines in Canada.
He has worked ground up as an operator, through daily, short-term and long-term mine planning roles. His experience covers mill construction, open pit start-up and the development of an underground block cave and commodity coverage including precious metals, copper and oil sands. Beyond traditional mine design and strategy, Myles has gain experience project controls, budgeting, feasibility studies, contract management and operational improvement. Within this he has gone beyond mine cost estimation and into financial modelling to support major capital justifications.
- Mine Design & Optimisation
- Mine Scheduling & Planning
- Feasibility Studies
- Business Improvement
- Financial Analysis & Modelling
- As the lead engineer at New Gold’s New Afton mine, Myles was focused on the design and scheduling for the $170 million C-zone block cave expansion. He completed footprint and various infrastructure designs, provided budgeting and tracking of project performance, implemented the mine schedule into Primavera P6 and advanced multiple studies.
- Myles was the underground construction supervisor for New Afton’s B3 block cave, overseeing a team of 25 employees and contractors, whilst focusing on drawbell construction, longhole drilling and longhole ground support. In addition, he held roles such as mine development planning and mine ventilation throughout his tenure.
- At New Gold’s Rainy River, Myles led the short-range planning for a 50 Mtpa open pit mine and supported the ramp up from mine development to full production. Myles worked on building tools for short range planning using MineSight as well as developing KPI reports using Tableau databases. He played a critical role in re-analysing the dozer fleet by modelling the requirements for LOM and completed a capital v operating lease trade off to justify fleet purchases.
- As Project Coordinator for Aecon Mining Construction, he worked on the project controls and quality control for the foundation and early earthwork contracts at New Gold’s Rainy River during mill construction.