BEng (Mech) (Hons), RIIRIS301D (G1), RIIRIS402D (G2), RIIWHS301D (G8), RIICOM301D (G9), Proj Mngt Fundamentals, ICAM Lead Investigator
Nathan has spent the last 5 years working as a Mechanical Engineer within the mining industry.
|His recent experience includes risk management, systems and procedural development, integrating and improving work processes and equipment safety compliance. He has also gained experience in equipment utilisation and optimisation through downtime analysis. Nathan’s strength is looking for alternative solutions to technical problems – particularly in the mineral processing and bulk materials handling sectors.|
- Engineering Compliance
- Risk Facilitation
- Engineering Optimisation
- Safety and Compliance Management
- Site Work Process Improvement
- Nathan’s experience in the development of site engineering and health standards spans multiple resource types, covering all lifecycle aspects including initial scoping, worker consultation, risk facilitation, document formation, legislative and regulatory due diligence and document review.
- He has processed and updated hundreds of mine safe work procedures, streamlining and organising site systems and ensuring documents have a strong risk based foundation.
- Nathan has analysed mine mineral separation plant operational data to identify key downtime events and choke points to maximise plant uptime and production capabilities.
- Nathan’s role has included international independent technical expert work where he monitored the wet commissioning of a Mineral Processing Plant. The position allowed him to undertake root cause analysis of downtime events and identify high risk design issues to improve plant reliability and extend machinery life.
- Currently, Nathan is utilising his skills onsite in an engineering support role to provide assistance for site engineering teams to effectively execute their role, integrate new work processes, facilitate the development of new site systems and standards as well as provide capacity to complete crucial site projects.