BEng (Mech) (Hons), CPEng, RPEQ, MIEAust, CertIV BusMngt, APEC Eng, IntPE (Aus)
With close to 20 years of mechanical engineering experience in the coal industry (open cut & underground), Nicholas compliments this with five years of wide-ranging consulting experience.
Nicholas has worked in Australia and China, specialising in mining infrastructure, capital studies project management and materials handling (coal/metal plants). Nicholas has a strong depth of skills around field construction and plant commissioning using models that include EPC/M and D&C packages. As well, he has extensive skills with auditing and optimisation of engineering design and operating assets, heavy machinery design, design management in materials handling and freight rolling stock design.
- Engineering Compliance
- Engineering Optimisation
- Mine Maintenance & Engineering
- Feasibility Studies
- Contract/Specification Development & Pre-executions Planning
- At Cape Lambert (WA) Port B facility, Nicholas was tasked with the challenge of commissioning and the optimisation of the largest iron ore port in Australia. As Area Lead, he ran multidisciplinary teams to complete construction, commission, troubleshooting and optimisation. This led to commissioning and fine tuning of some of the newest technologies and regimes available in materials handling, as well as allowing the client to meet full design rates well advanced of scheduled programme.
- As the Commissioning Area Manager (Outload) at Roy Hill Port (WA), Nicholas had to overcome many financial constraints and difficulties while commissioning and optimising a new iron ore port. He found innovative ways to complete the works to a high degree of quality in shorter timeframes, resulting in outstanding results for the company.
- For a Hunter Water (NSW) complex projects panel, Nicholas was Senior Engineer for the upgrade of Water Treatment Facilities. His task was to design and construct upgrades to water treatment plants. He succeeded in the delivery of high-risk outcomes under strict timelines. Whilst maintaining 100% uptime of the existing treatment plant output and water quality.
- Nicholas has worked across various mine engineering and Project Manager roles, completing a vast range of full life cycle project deliveries (from study to commissioning), optimisation, studies, technical reviews, bankable feasibility, and machine life cycle modelling. Ensuring the company saw cost reductions, safety and efficiency improvements and met deadlines in a timely manner.