BEng (Mining) (Hons), Dip Mngt, NSW Undermanagers Cert of Comp, Std 11 (Surface), Std 11 (Underground).
Peter brings over 30 years of experience in the UK and Australian resource industries in both operational and technical roles with extensive experience in underground coal.
He has been responsible for development and longwall systems where he focussed on improving productivity, overall mining costs with enhanced safety and roof control. He has a strong record of delivering projects on time and on budget. He has significant experience in all facets of project management including design, tender preparation and evaluation, options analysis, contract administration for access drifts, ventilation shafts and mine layout infrastructure. Peter has a broad range of experience at the deputy, undermanager, and superintendent level in managing people which contributes to his success in building strong relationships with clients.
- Project Management
- Feasibility Studies
- Contract Management
- Mine Optimisation
- Mine Strategic Review
- As Study Manager for Appin’s ventilation shaft No.7 project, Peter not only met the technical challenges of the pre-feasibility study but also the stakeholder engagement. This involved managing a third-party engineering service provider, environmental consultants and meeting with local council and the community.
- Peter led the Mandalong Southern Extension Project where he ran a small dedicated group of staff through the concept, pre-feasibility, and feasibility stages of the project. Resulting in NSW governmental approval and a mining lease for the project. He managed the transition into the execution phase for the $90M surface site to support the future mining operations.
- He was the Mandalong Mine Development Superintendent responsible for development operations involving three continuous miner units with an operational budget of $40 million per year. Several daily and monthly mine development records were achieved by the team.
- Peter was responsible for the design and preparation of tender documentation for a $14M cross measures conveyor drift (Delta Decline). He managed the contractor McConnell Dowell as the Principal’s Representative. This project was delivered on budget.
- As Longwall Superintendent at Ellalong Colliery, he introduced bi-directional shearing to achieve better roof control. This enabled a three-month period of consistent production above budget.