BEng (Mining) (Hons), ICAM, RIIRIS601D – G3
With 15 years’ experience in the resources industry, Ruveni has developed an eye for identifying gaps in the technical service systems of service delivery to clients and working with teams to implement tools and processes to rectify these gaps.
Using his skills with software such as Vulcan, Spry, Gantt Scheduler, XPAC, XACT and the Microsoft Suite, Ruveni has been involved in annual mine planning and medium-term planning including draglines, drill and blast, and truck and shovel operations. He has developed skills in mentoring and supervision through overseeing teams of technical personnel whilst producing quality work as part of service delivery requirements.
- Open Cut Drill & Blast
- Mine Design & Optimisation
- Mine Design & Planning
- Mine Scheduling & Planning
- Multi-Thin Seam Operations
- Whilst at Boggabri Coal, Ruveni identified a gap in planning whereby the Technical Services team were providing dump designs and plans only when required. He developed an excel spreadsheet, using macros, that produced a dumping schedule to be used by short-term planning engineers that provided a dump schedule that ran in parallel to the digging schedule, elevating the lag in reporting
- He was part of the team that developed a cost analysis for the truck and shovel operation at Boggabri. Using the cost and revenue produced from the rise and run as part of the contract, the team had an opportunity to challenge production in managing fleet and at the same time offer options which they adjusted the following day. This saw profit margin for the contract improve each month
- During another project, Ruveni was given the task to produce an annual mine plan using Deswik scheduling software which at the time was in its infancy. He was able to overcome the challenges that came with using this new software. By reproducing the information in XPAC, an annual mine plan was delivered to the client on time and within budget
- In his final year at University, Ruveni designed an underground ventilation system for Ballarat Goldfields. His work on this system was recognised and presented as a paper at the Kalgoorlie mining conference