MEngTech (Mining), GradDip Mining Engineering.
With over 20 years in the resources industry, Shane has worked in both operational and technical roles, and has over four years of consulting experience.
He has a strong passion for innovation and technology and is highly skilled in strategic mine planning and evaluation, resource optimisation, mine reconciliation, drill and blast and project management. Shane is a proficient user to a range of mining software, including Maptek Vulcan, Deswik and PumpSIM, Blast Logic and COMET Optimal Scheduler.
- Business Improvement
- Material Handlings & Equipment
- Mine Strategic Review
- Open Cut Drill & Blast
- Project Delivery
- As a Senior Drill & Blast Engineer across multiple open cut projects in both QLD & NSW, Shane was responsible for all site drill and blast functions including the development and implementation of processes and procedures for blast design, hot and reactive ground management, ground vibration and air blast management, drilling and explosives contractor management and statutory compliance.
- Shane has been involved with the creation and generation of strategic COMET optimisation models and feasibility studies that evaluated the significant impact on project NPV for increased resource recovery and reduced dilution via modified methods and the introduction of ore sorting technologies.
- As a Project Manager, he has been involved in multiple large and unique mining projects such as the Yarraman Valley Restoration Project on North Stradbroke Island, which involved the excavation and re-establishment of the Yarraman Valley and the associated natural waterways, sand dunes and vegetation to final landform for mine closure.
- Shane created and implemented a material tracking and reconciliation process for the Lake Vermont Coal Project. This included geological model validation, drill and blast conformance to design, operational mining tracking, survey, and measurement, stockpiling and CHPP performance. This allowed for accurate measurement of individual areas for focused improvement.