BAppSc (GeoSc) (Hons I), Dip Bus, Dip ProjMngt, MAusIMM
Steve is a senior study manager with more than 30 years’ experience in the resource industry within Australia and overseas, primarily gained while working for two of the largest mining companies in the world.
|For the past 15 years, Steve has been a key member leading and managing major and mega projects (>USD$1B) such as concept and pre-feasibility studies in mining (ventilation shafts, pit tops), heavy industry, infrastructure, heavy haul rail, bulk commodity ports, warehousing, supply, strategic water projects and decarbonisation projects in greenfield and brownfield settings. In addition, Steve has led smaller detailed design phase projects and has delivered individual execution packages in the range AUD$5M-AUD$20M.|
Steve is passionate about strong stakeholder engagement, developing and leading teams, challenging the status quo, and using lateral thought to create significant value from the cost effective and timely delivery of high quality, optimised projects with drive and integrity.
- Concept & Pre-Feasibility Studies
- Project Management
- Post Investment Reviews
- Strategic options analysis & synthesis & integration
- Effective communication & stakeholder engagement
- Steve has extensive knowledge of the concept and pre-feasibility studies processes utilized in major and mega projects by global mining and resource industry companies. He understands the key value drivers for mining projects and draws from his diverse operational background and his understanding of the risks associated with the development and operation of a mining project.
- At a major underground metallurgical coal mine in NSW, Steve managed a large and diverse portfolio of strategic studies for the business in the areas of new mining domains, new ventilation shafts, new pit tops, coal clearance, surface supply chain optimisation, cutting edge decarbonisation projects, alternative underground mining methods, long term ventilation studies, strategic water studies, strategic land acquisition and tunnel boring machine studies for major mine access.
- He has worked in multiple states within Australia and overseas and had strong exposure to various commodities (copper, lead zinc, gold, diamonds, iron ore, metallurgical coal, oil and gas). In addition, Steve has worked across the entire resource supply chain from greenfield exploration, deposit discovery, high intensity brownfields resource definition, feasibility studies, heavy haul rail and bulk commodity port operations.
- Steve recently led and championed an innovative decarbonisation project in partnership with a respected scientific organisation and secured significant government funding to facilitate the jump from pilot plant to commercial operation status