BBSc (Work and Health), Adv Dip (OHS), Cert IV TAE, RIIRIS601D – G3.
Steve has over 20 years of experience in risk management and safety in a variety of industries including mining, construction, and heavy industry.
During his 11 years of experience with resource industry advisory services, he has completed over 300+ projects in base metals, precious metals, and bulk commodities. He combines his deep understanding of the engineering related legislation and standards with a wealth of experience regarding compliance management. Steve specialises in strategic and independent technical reviews. He has expertise in preparing tailored risk identification and evaluation frameworks, gathering material risk information, and performing the role of a subject matter expert. He can review existing industry and company information in addition to attending sites for “deep dives” into identified issues. He is astute in quickly evaluating and analysing current corporate and operating risks drawing from his breadth of knowledge of operations.
- Safety/Risk Independent Technical Reviews
- Safety/Compliance Management & Audits
- Safety/Risk Management Systems Design & Review
- Risk Management & Facilitation
- Principal Hazards & Critical Controls
- Steve specialises in mining safety reviews. Steve has extensive experience in Australia and internationally having completed safety and risk projects in Turkey, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and Mongolia.
- Before joining Palaris, Steve worked as the Heath Safety Manager for 2 underground metal mines and at a processing plant. During this time, he transitioned the safety management system from contract mining to owner operator.
- The majority of the 300+ projects Steve has completed with Palaris have been working with mining clients, focused on risk and safety related services, particularly auditing, risk assessment and safety management system development.
- Steve’s operational experience has been in the management of contractors’ safety and environment systems, risk assessments, incident investigation, development of safe work method statements and continuous improvement programs.
- Steve has assisted a number of organisations in the development and implementation of a SMS to gain accreditation to AS50001, ISO14001 and ISO9001.
- Steve has projected managed a number of large scale safety improvement projects including implementation of vehicle hierarchy and supported the segrargation of mine into two distinct stattory areas which included the interaction of separate safety management systems in shared areas.