BEng (Chem and Biomol) (Hons), BSc (Chem), RIIRIS601D – G3, GradCert (WHS), ICAM Facilitator
Andrew is a G3 qualified risk and safety engineer, with a strong technical background in chemical and biomolecular engineering and chemistry.
Following industrial experience as a technician with Cargill and ANSTO Minerals, Andrew is now pursuing a career in safety, health, and risk. Since joining Palaris, Andrew has been involved in over 100 risk and safety projects and has gained experience in on-site health and safety roles.
- Safety and Risk Management
- Principal Hazards and Critical Controls
- Safety and Compliance Management
- Specialised Risk Assessments
- Bow-tie and Critical Controls
- At a major Hunter Valley coal mine, Andrew was involved in a review of confined spaces and isolations in order to satisfy the requirements of a regulator notice.
- Andrew has been involved in the review and development of Principal Hazard Management Plans (PHMPs) and Principal Control Plans (PCPs) for metalliferous and coal mining operations.
- In order to better understand mine site safety performance, Andrew was involved in the development of safety benchmarking against comparable mine sites.
- Andrew has facilitated and been a team member in a number of ICAM investigations at both metalliferous and coal mines.
- Andrew has facilitated a number of bespoke risk assessments, including RAMBO and HAZOP studies, project risk assessments and BBRA’s. Andrew also has experience with bow-tie analysis and identification of critical controls.
- Andrew provided onsite Health and Safety support to a leading coal producer while they were recruiting for a permanent position.