BASc (Mech), PEng
With over 30 years of experience in the resources industry including more than 15 years in consulting, Andrew has dedicated his career to delivering value through team building, project delivery and consulting.
With a background in project and construction management, asset management, risk and commercial management, Andrew has managed both medium and large multi-disciplinary teams working with juniors through to majors on complex studies and projects from various perspectives. He has a proven record of exceeding expectations through a long history of successful and diverse projects.
- Asset Performance & Optimisation
- Feasibility Studies
- Financial Analysis & Valuation
- Project Delivery & Controls
- Tendering & Contracts Management
- Recently, Andrew was a consultant Project Manager for two studies in Northern Ontario Canada: 2600tpd gold feasibility and 3600tpd Cu-PGM prefeasibility
- Andrew was the Senior Vice President and acting COO of TSX listed Aquila Resources for 6 years, leading their flag ship mine development project in Michigan USA through permitting, feasibility studies, construction and operational readiness
- He has established and led a regional mining and minerals EPCM services business with Ausenco as Vice President & General Manager Eastern Canada in support of all global project initiatives
- Andrew established a PMO and led all project planning and commercial activities for a Nuclear Waste Management Organisation’s $1.7B deep geological repository project in Northern Ontario
- He led global reliability, asset management diagnostic reviews and studies to assist major miners (including as Project Director for Kinross’ Global Operations) align sustaining capital expenditure, plant performance and asset management best practices
- Andrew has led due diligence and evaluations for acquisitions and project finance for various business development initiatives across a range of commodities in North America
- He was the Senior Project Manager for Xstrata Nickel on the Raglan Expansion ($2Bn) and Fraser Morgan ($350M) projects from Prefeasibility through to pre-construction, establishing and managing multi-disciplinary teams, contracting strategies and commercials including implementation of various EPCM/EPC models