A mining engineer with over 13 years of experience in the Australian and Indonesian coal industries.
Andrew has significant skills in medium and long-term mine planning including life of mine scenario modelling and optimisation, through to mine closure planning. He is an advanced Spry user able to undertake model builds in C#, along with experience in other industry packages sch as Vulcan, Xpac, Talpac, 3d dig and Minescape. His mine planning experience is complemented by a strong operational background on both the owner’s and contractor’s sides, including productivity optimisation and margin maximisation projects.
- Medium & Long-Term Planning
- Mine Closure Planning
- LOM Scenario Modelling
- Productivity Optimisation
- Project Delivery
- Senior Mining Engineer at Yancoal Moolarben open pit mine working through monthly, 2-5 year and life of mine planning horizons for the 17 Mtpa operation – key achievements in optimising coal recovery within rehabilitation and environmental constraints, increasing asset margin by introducing a new mineable seam, construction of a new Spry model for the site as well as improving truck productivity including fleet monitoring system setup.
- Technical Services Manager for global contractor Thiess at Satui Coal open pit in Indonesia leading a team of 100 the 3Mtpa operation with 15 excavators and a fleet or almost 90 trucks – success in increasing truck productivity, optimising pumping and coal crushing, plus increasing coal recovery though seam optimisation.
- Technical Services Superintendent and Mine Planning/Environment Superintendent roles for Thiess Indonesia at the Sangatta and Melak open pit mines with both truck and shovel plus dozer push operations – managing cross discipline teams covering short to long-term planning, drill and blast, geotechnical, geology and environmental compliance.
- Further mine planning roles with both Thiess and a domestic miner in Indonesia covering short, medium, and long-term planning – achievements included pit optimisation and implementation for Thiess’ first dozer push project in Indonesia.