BBus, MBA (HRM), Dip TAE, RIIRIS601D (G3)
With over 20 years of leadership experience in the resources and professional services, consulting, government and aircraft military industry, Belinda brings a breadth and depth of experience to understanding people, human behaviour, organisational psychology and behaviour.
Her strength is a deep understanding of the interrelationships and interactions among human, technical and organisational factors to improve the application of a systematic approach to risk and safety management. Belinda has had significant experience in developing, leading and implementing large scale change in complex organisations where there has been significant industrial relations implication and entrenched organisational culture inertia. Her success has been through understanding the “human factors”.
- Change Management
- Human Factors
- Organisational Psychology & Behaviour
- Organisational System Design
- Safety System Design
- At Palaris, Belinda is the Chief Operating Officer and has a solid understanding of the resources industry having worked in resource consulting for over 8 years.
- Belinda was an Executive Manager in Human Resources at Newcastle City Council in 2007 during the severe Newcastle Flood and was part of the Emergency Management Coordination team. Through this experience she has developed her understanding regarding emergency services process and how relevant agencies interact. She held the role of Public Officer during her time with Local Government and dealt with community consultation and difficult stakeholder engagement/management issues.
- Belinda was responsible for regaining a SafeWork Self Insurance Licence through the implementation of an effective and compliant WHS system for an organisation of 1500 employees. This has developed her understanding for the “process of safety” that support the safety and risk management system.
- She has been involved in large scale organisational change management which has included large scale organisational restructures, whole of organisation business improvement/organisational effectiveness reviews, quality management implementation projects, large scale redesign, policy development and has negotiated wide scale industrial relations changes and reforms with the Unions.
- Whilst at Boeing, Belinda was the lead site management representative who successfully managed the impacts of a long and extended industrial (8 month) strike within the F/A-18 Program. She was instrumental in managing the impacts of an organisation in crisis under severe media attention.