BSc (Geo), MBA, FAusIMM
Ben brings to the table a unique blend of commercial knowledge and experience balanced with a deep technical mining background.
He has 19 years of experience in the resources industry across a variety of operational and project roles through the full mining life cycle, including 11 years in C-suite executive level and Director roles. He has significant study management experience in various commodities, including port developments, along with strong understanding of geology, mining, minerals processing, logistics, infrastructure and product marketing. Ben also has expertise in due diligence and evaluation for acquisitions of production and pre-production assets across a range of commodities.
- Project Due Diligence & Asset Valuation
- Independent Project Reviews
- Feasibility Studies
- Business Improvement
- Marketing & Logistics
- Ben was the Managing Director of ASX listed Centrex Metals for 6 years with market capitalisation of $40 million.
- He was responsible for the marketing, commercial and technical negotiations for three Chinese backed mining joint ventures worth over $300 million
- Ben was the Chief Operating Officer for Eyre Iron, majority owned by a Chinese Steel Major, directly managing a large multi-national team and a $75 million study budget over a period of three years for the development of several iron ore projects.
- Ben was a business improvement specialist during much of his time with BHP Billiton (Black Belt Six Sigma) working across full supply chains in bulk commodities.
- He has been a study manager across bulk commodity, base metals and fertiliser developments with strong understanding of mining, minerals processing (directly managed test work programs for comminution, gravity, magnetic separation, flotation, pyromet, and hydromet), logistics and infrastructure.
- Ben has led due diligence and evaluations for acquisitions and financing of production and pre-production assets across a range of commodities globally.