Caue ‘Paul’ Araujo
BSc (Geo), MBA, MAusIMM, MAICD
Caue ‘Paul’ has over 20 years of experience in the resources industry across a variety of operational, consulting, management, and advisory roles, including both Executive and Director level roles.
His skills and experience encompass commercial leadership, geology, mining, project evaluations, valuations, investment, and business planning advisory services. He has extensive global and cross commodity / industry knowledge (including battery materials and supply chain), and in-depth knowledge of the iron ore industry.
- Due Diligence
- Valuation / Independent Reports
- Financial Modelling
- Market Research
- Project Management
- As Regional Director Investment & Business Planning for Hatch Advisory (Australia-Asia), Caue led multiple technical / environmental / economical independent project reviews, as well as developed and nurtured long-term client relationships in the Natural Resources, Energy and Infrastructure sectors, including financiers, funds and asset owners.
- Multiple previous roles with SRK including General Manager Brazil and Partner Project Evaluation / Valuation in Sydney, Australia covering also geology, project management, economic modelling, technical due diligence, M&A transaction support and lenders technical engineer review.
- As the Global Iron Ore Industry Director for the Australian Mineral Economics Group in Sydney, Australia, Caue ‘Paul’ led a team of analysts that team provided market research, supply / demand analysis, price forecasts, detailed cost databases and cost curves, and market advisory services.
- Early career with global mining major Vale across mining and geology roles in Brazil as well as consulting roles in RPM Global covering production geology, exploration, long-term planning, quality control, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves Audits (JORC/SEC/NI43-101) and due diligence.
- Wide career industry coverage across bulks, coal, precious, base and speciality metals, as well as downstream processing and technology transactions, working globally across the Americas, Africa, and APAC regions.
- Transaction advisory (Independent Technical Reviews) highlights include US$7Bn project finance (55Mtpa Roy Hill Iron Ore Project); US$3.1Bn Yancoal acquisition of Coal & Allied Assets (buy side); and IGO acquisition of a non-controlling stake in Tianqi Lithium Energy Australia Pty Ltd (buy side).