BTech (Instrumentation & Control Engineering), MEng, MBA, MIEAUST
Jay is a professional engineer with over 8 years in electrical engineering, control systems, instrumentation and project management. He has experience offshore and within the Australian mining, power, water and infrastructure industries.
|Jay has held prior electrical and control roles with global engineering house WSP and automation engineering specialists SAGE. He has been involved across a large range of diverse assets in varying industries from concept design through to delivery, providing broad insight into engineering solutions. Jay specialises in electrical low voltage, control systems and instrumentation. His software skills cover both low and high voltage design. Jay’s knowledge and experience gives him the ability to deliver the assigned projects with quality and efficiency.|
- Electrical Engineering
- Project Engineering
- Control & Instrumentation
- Engineering Risk & Compliance
- Feasibility Studies
- Electrical & controls engineer for WSP managing mining, energy, infrastructure and control system projects. Developing proposals, feasibility studies, developing BOQ, reviewing technical drawing and documents, designing and drafting LV, HV and control systems.
- Mining industry projects include Ulan mine PS concept design, Hail Creek mine extension detailed design and LV reticulation/control, Bengalla mine dam level monitoring and stockpile extension, Shenhua coal power generation options study, Wilpinjong Mine soil resistivity testing.
- Control systems engineer with SAGE Automation for design, SCADA and HMI development, internal, factory and site acceptance testing and commissioning.
- Project Manager for Intelligent networks, Hunter Water Corporation and managing IOT sensor developing and implementation projects across Hunter valley.
- Hunter Water major projects group (PPM) electrical and control system engineer, managing and reviewing contractors and sub-contractors design and works relation to Electrical, PLC and SCADA (Owners Engineering).
- Specialist software skills across SKM PowerTools and PowerCAD.