Jay Sanal Kumar
BTech (Instrumentation & Control Engineering), MEng, MBA, MIEAUST, Exida FSP
Jay is a professional Engineer with over 10 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems, Instrumentation, Hazardous Area Classification Engineering and Project Management. He has experience overseas and within the Australian mining, power, water, and infrastructure industries.
Jay has held prior electrical and control roles with global engineering house WSP and automation engineering specialists SAGE. He has been involved across a broad range of diverse assets in varying industries from concept design through to delivery, providing broad insight into engineering solutions. Jay specialises in electrical low voltage and Instrumentation. Jay is also a certified Hazardous area assessor and trained in Machine functional safety engineering. Jay’s knowledge and experience gives him the ability to deliver the assigned projects with quality and efficiency.
- Electrical & Functional Safety Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control
- Electrical Compliance Auditing
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Project Management
- Electrical & controls engineer for WSP managing mining, energy, infrastructure, and control system projects. Developing proposals, feasibility studies, developing BOQ, reviewing technical drawing and documents, designing, and drafting LV, HV and control systems
- Experience in Conducting third party Electrical Engineering design reviews for Bulga Open Cut Gas drainage design, Clayton EDL flare electrical design, South32 Dendrobium flare electricals etc. Also possess experience in electrical compliance auditing with respect to AS/NZS 3000, AS/NZS 4871 etc.
- Performed Hazardous area classification and equipment selection reviews for various infrastructure such as Broadmeadow mine ventilation fans, Clayton EDL flare and South32 Dendrobium flare. Experience in reviewing the HAC report and developing the HA dossier
- Experience in attending various Risk assessments as Facilitator, consultant, and Owners Engineer. Possess extensive knowledge and experience in attending HAZOP, CHAZOP, SID, BBRA, WRAC’s, BOWTIES, and developing critical controls. Jay Also been involved in functional safety assessments and LOPA
- Involved in Hunter Water major projects group (PPM) as Owners electrical and control system engineer, managing and reviewing contractors and sub-contractors design related to PLC/SCADA
- Specialist software skills across PowerCAD and SKM Powertools