BSc Eng. (Mining), Pr. Eng.
Mike has over 35 years’ experience in the resources industry in management, operational, and director roles.
He has insight into all technical aspects of the investment/resource sector, including the risks associated with resource performance, project management, ramp up, management of working capital and implementation of financial controls. He offers perspective as a former Chief Operating Officer, having held accountability for mines including greenfield and brownfield growth projects. Mike’s high-level experience provides confidence his insights will make a tangible difference, both in the board room and at an operational level.
- Mine Design & Optimisation
- Mining Operations
- Due Diligence
- Risk Management
- Chief Operating Officer for De Beers Consolidated Mines (DBCM) he was accountable for seven mines including greenfield and brownfield growth projects, and incorporated all SA operations He was responsible for the marketing, commercial and technical negotiations for three Chinese backed mining joint ventures worth over $300 million.
- He has overseen growth projects and building of mines in Namibia, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Vietnam and USA.
- Prior to Palaris he was the managing director technical for Pala Investments, a Swiss based resource investment company, where he oversaw all technical aspects of the investments.
- Due diligence on numerous mining assets across the world including for Au, mineral sands, Ni, Pt, W, diamonds, U, Cr, Coal, Cu and Al.
- Feasibility study experience for Nevada Copper, Sierra Rutile, Jwaneng Diamond and Venetia diamond mines.
- His mining expertise extends across, massive mining (block caving, open stoping), narrow vein (horizontal and vertical), large open pits, open cast alluvial mining, dredging and underwater mining with large efficient sea vessels.