BSc Geo (Hons)
Mike has over 30 years’ experience in the resource industry, with operational and pit to port study management exposure.
He has significant experience in mining operations, having led complex mining studies and projects. Mike has a structured and transparent approach and can break down challenges and provide innovating solutions. He has extensive experience with Gold, Coal, Bauxite and Iron Ore, and has worked in South Africa, Suriname, Brazil, Guinea and the UK.
- Feasibility Studies
- Mine Strategic Review
- Due Dilligence
- Risk Management
- Project Valuation
- Mike led multiple technical teams, contractors and consultants across numerous geological and technical studies for the Nimba Project in Guinea and Liberia. Which included the delivery of updated JORC and NI43-101 resource estimates, and several concept and pre-feasibility studies across all project disciplines.
- At two newly commissioned Bauxite mines in Suriname, Mike transitioned them from the project commissioning stage, through to steady state operations. He was responsible for initial operational readiness and planning, and final implementation through ramp up to full operations.
- Working on the Nimba Iron Project PFS, he led the mine owner’s team of geology and mining professionals in completion of the technical components. The Study included resource estimates and classification, evaluation of mining and materials movement alternatives, pit optimisation, development of Life of Asset mine plans, as well as mine designs and schedules.
- Mike was the Shareholder representative in the Mineração Rio do Norte (MRN) Bauxite operation in northern Brazil, which included monitoring and influencing operations in a technical and HSES capacity. He was Chair of the Technical and Health Safety Committees, participated in due diligence of selected regional Bauxite deposits as well as participated in independent Peer Review and Post Investment review exercises for large iron ore expansion projects in Brazil.
- He has successfully planned, implemented and managed a remote Greenfield Bauxite exploration project in the Amazon jungle, with a challenging budget and schedule constraints. This included managing the program and camp of over 120 people for 2 years with no lost time injuries.