BEng Electrical (Hons), GradDip BA, Six Sigma Greenbelt
With over 40 years of experience in the mining industry, Richard is a dedicated, skilled and highly qualified Maintenance Manager.
He has extensive experience managing both mobile and fixed plant maintenance, project and capital management. Richard has managed both Open Cut and Underground operations in Australia, Indonesia and Africa and has demonstrated a high level of competency in maintenance management practices including Work Management and Reliability management processes that have consistently delivered at or above target availability and reliability. His Strong leadership skills have led to significant change management at every operation and the implementation of world class Staff Development Programs.
- Asset Management
- Asset Performance & Optimisation
- Business Improvement
- Electrical Engineering
- Operational Readiness
- Richard was brought into Fortescue Metals to initially drive cost savings initiatives in their mobile equipment fleets, and then to review and revamp their asset management and reliability function. He succeeded in achieving cost savings in the order of $80M by sourcing non-OEM parts and non-OEM component rebuild processes for their mobile equipment fleets.
- At the MMG Kinsevere Copper Mine in the DRC, he increased copper productions to regularly achieve over 5000T/month and often above 6000T/month by eliminating repetitive major HV electrical failures.
- He was instrumental in the expansion of KPC Mining and its associated facilities, workshops and organisation from 16 MT to 50 MT including the technical and commercial negotiations for over US$1billion in additional mining fleet. Richard’s division alone expanded to over 1300 employees with an annual budget of over USD$300M.
- At Merdeka Copper Gold in Indonesia, Richard purchased mobile mining equipment and set up all the necessary operation and maintenance systems and processes to successfully and seamlessly convert two mines from contractor operations to owner miner in under 12 months. He also developed the Asset Management standards for all Merdeka operations.
- Richard provided maintenance improvement consultancy to BHP Blackwater operations in order to improve the performance of key maintenance contractors in the mobile equipment and CHPP sections.