ME (Mining), BEng (Mechanical)
With over 10 years of experience in the resources industry, Ryan has worked in open cut coal and graphite mines across Australia and Brazil.
He has extensive experience in leadership, operational and technical roles within open cut mining. This experience enables Ryan to provide practical, robust mine plans across the strategic, medium and short-term planning space. His experience in project engineering and management as well as contractor management ensures his projects are delivered on time and on or under budget. Ryan has experience with a range of software including: Spry, AutoCAD, Vulcan and Minex, along with holding his Open Cut Examiner of Coal Mines NSW Certificate.
- Business Improvement
- Mine Design & Optimisation
- Mine Scheduling & Planning
- Mine Strategic Review
- Project Delivery
- Ryan was the Technical Services Superintendent at Maules Creek Coal Mine, (NSW) where he led a team of technical professionals to successfully deliver the 10.7Mt ROM mine plan. This was done by developing and implementing robust processes and systems across the technical fields of planning, drill and blast, survey, coal quality and logistics.
- He has been involved in the identification and implementation of business improvement projects for Yancoal and Whitehaven Coal. This includes yield improvements through the standardisation of process across the value chain, operational productivity improvements and cost savings.
- Ryan completed pre-feasibility study for a deep multi seam coal mine in NSW. This was done through equipment selection and benchmarking, geotechnical investigations, completion of detailed five-year mine design and scheduling, exploration planning (both structure and quality) and life of mine scheduling.
- He successfully designed and implemented the water management strategy and mining methodology for two greenfield pits (OC2 & OC4) for Moolarben Coal and was part of the team to take mine complex from 8Mt to 13Mt annually.
- Ryan’s experience in project and contract management roles has allowed him to deliver projects in a safe and productive manner.