MEng (Mining) (Hons), PhD (Geostatistics)
Vlad is a seasoned mining executive with over 15 years of industry experience across North America, Africa, and Russia. He holds qualifications in Mining Engineering and Geology.
Prior to Palaris, Vlad was Head of Business Planning, Business Improvement & Project Management Office (PMO) for a major bulk commodities business responsible for developing and optimizing key processes across mine, plant, rail, and port. Vlad has a broad range of expertise that covers mine planning, business planning, financial analysis, business improvement, and project management. His commodity experience includes precious metals, bulk commodities, and coal, working in large-scale mining operations, consulting, and construction services. Vlad’s mine engineering and operational experience in both open pit and underground, along with business-wide planning and strategy background, provides diverse insights into any project.
- Mine Planning
- Business Planning
- Business Improvement
- Project Management
- Financial Modelling
- Head of Business Planning, Business Improvement and PMO for Guinea Alumina Corporation working at asset level mine, rail and port for a new greenfields bauxite operation in Guinea.
- Consultant for the Natalka open pit gold project in Russia, completing due diligence support and assistance to the Owner’s team for operational development and ramp up plus development of business plans and development strategies.
- Director Strategic Development for Polyus Gold International managing productivity improvement projects resulting in positive EBITDA impacts of >$400 million along with business planning and organisation wide budgeting.
- Mine and business planning roles with Kinross Gold Corporation working at various sites globally including Tasiast Mauritania (open pit), Kettle River USA (underground), Fort Knox USA (open pit), Kupol Russia (underground and open pit) as well as corporate level assignments.
- Norilsk Russia office establishment for Thyssen Schachtbau GmbH for a shaft construction undertaking project management, subcontractor management, tenders and financial reporting.
- Mining engineer with Siberian Coal Energy Company (SUEK) working across open pit and underground assets.
- Specialist software skills XERAS, JD Edwards, SAP, MineSight 3D, Vulcan, XPAC, Think-Cell, @Risk, WAVE, MS Project.